Tuesday 5 February 2013

Zara, my not-so-secret supplier of shoes

My name is Ena and I am a Zara-aholic. I have been addicted to the brand for the past 12 years, ever since I was 14 and preparing to go to high school and I discovered the shop in Paris in the summer before. I remember that, at the time, my budget was not particularly impressive and Zara was a little bit on the high-end of my possibilities, but it was one store which made the looks and trends I was pining for a little bit more available. 

Since then, I've entered many a Zara stores in many countries and bought many things, big or small, that have earned me compliments and brought many smiles to my face. But one thing I have always relied on Zara for have been shoes - yes, I know that shoes are an investment and I completely agree that you should have the major styles you need (an elegant pump, a good pair of winter boots, a delicate sandal) in the best quality you can afford. But what about diversity? Or those trends that you know will not make it to the next season? Is this really worth spending hundreds of euros when you can usually get something nice for under EUR 100? Of course not! 

So the answer is Zara, and even more so because they offer good quality for the price I pay. I've had flats from Zara that I've worn for seasons before they completely fell apart, I've had evening shoes that got me through many an important occasion over the years, I've had shoes that have taken me to some of the most important moments of my life (my prom night, my first job interview, my graduation from university and even my first date with my husband). I've even had shoes over which women with much more generous budget swooned over.

Forgive this long introduction, but you have to understand a little bit where I am coming from in order to get any kind of realistic appreciation for my excitement at Zara releasing the first photos of its new spring/ summer 2013 collection. Disclaimer - it does not make my top ten, but it doesn't mean that I haven't found a couple of models that will undoubtedly join their friends in the closet the moment they hit stores :)

Main trends? 

Not surprising, the hidden platform sneakers are still a hit. While I have, so far, been a little bit against this trend, for no other reason apart from the fact that I believe that a sneaker is a sneaker and a high-heel should be a high-heel (yes, call me a traditionalist), I have to say this blue version is kind of growing on me. I think it's the colour that could just turn me yet :)


The high heels are as diverse as the trends for the new season. From stiletto heels (interpreted very interestingly with a mix of materials) to ultra-high thick and curved heels, the new collection has something for everybody. 








A pleasant surprise are the several mid-heel options available. These make for a very classy look with a retro feel and will, I believe, be an interesting option for comfortable workwear. 




A nice addition are also the cage-sandals, available in a bold leopard print - if you're going for edgy and high fashion, why not go all the way?



1 comment:

  1. Informative ροѕting! At last someone ωho knowѕ ωhat
    thеy are on about and can ρrоducе insightful blogging for us the readeгs.
    Еagerly lοoking forwarԁ tο your next pоsting.


    my page - Shoe
    My page :: Shoe

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and I promise to get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for dropping by!