Tuesday 15 January 2013

The Spring/Summer 2013 campaigns are out (part 7)

Another campaign that caught my eye and stole my heart irretrievably is Donna Karan. I like it not only because the collection itself was amazingly beautiful in its architectural simplicity, but because it manages to convey such an ethereal world of hope and romance. Much like the other Donna Karan ad campaign that sneaked its way into my memory, the spring summer 2010 (yes, I do have a memory for these things, and yet seem to constantly forget where I put my keys or if I closed the refrigerator properly.... anyhow...). In campaign images, Karlie Kloss is a vision in pastel captured by the talented lens of Patrick Demarchelier as she stands by the seafront, delicate, vulnerable, other-worldly and as light as a spirit. The stuff that dreams are made of and imaginations run on.




Also shot by Patrick Demarchelier was the campaign for the brand's younger and hipper sister DKNY. Much as the designs and fans differ, so do the attitudes of the images. Cara Delevigne is the cool NY young lady playfully sauntering about the city in strong, happy colours and the decided nature of any inhabitant of the city that never sleeps. Two worlds apart - one for the inner romantic, the other for the inner urban kid. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment and I promise to get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for dropping by!