Wednesday 19 December 2012

Guilty pleasure of the day

If I were living in a film, I'd probably be the the girl with the nasty comments and somewhat stuck-up attitude that you love to hate and who, yet, feels strangely familiar. Why? Just because, this morning, as I was musing over which of my secret "oh-I-wish-I-could-have-this-NOW" things to showcase, I caught myself thinking, in all seriousness, "I have expensive taste. Good for me." Told you - stuck-up :)

So, just to prove that it's not so bad, I decided on featuring a little guilty pleasure that is more accessible - an exclusive range of jewellery designed by Scott Wilson for Aqua.





Scott Wilson has to have one of the most impressive jewellery resume around. Over the years, he's worked with the likes of Hussein Chalayan, Givenchy and Thierry Mugler, his pieces appeared on the catwalk for Peter Pilloto, Matthew Williamson and Burberry and in the world's top glossies. These are the kind of guilty pleasures that remain slightly out of reach for most of us. But his collection for Aqua is just the way to snap up some of his impressive work without breaking our piggy bank and leaving us out to dry.





The capsule takes its cue on Wilson's already well-known Modernist aesthetic, making each piece deliciously faceted and interesting. Inspired by New York's 1980s club scene when glamazons Jerry Hall, Bianca Jagger and Grace Jones ruled the roost and, as Wilson puts it, "really knew how to wear their jewellery," these sexy, sassy pieces are guaranteed to look good on the dancefloor. And anywhere else for that matter. Available on Asos.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment and I promise to get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for dropping by!